A healthy recipe ideal for a light lunch at the Office. Quick to prepare, light and nutritious punching a host of vitamins and minerals.
Shirt and Tie Fitness presents: Avocado and Prawn (Shrimp) Salad:
What You Will Need:
- Frying Pan
- Vegetable Knife
- A Chopping Board
- Storage/ Tupperware
- 1 small head of Lettuce – Romaine, Rocket, Ice burg depending on preference
- 1 packet of already cooked Prawns (Shrimp) – 150grams
- 1 Pepper – Red/ Yellow/ Green depending on preference.
- 1 medium sized avocado,
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Oil (10ml/grams)
- 1.2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20-40 grams of Cheese – Cheddar/ Parmigiano Reggiano work best when grated.
- Place one teaspoon of coconut oil in a large frying pan, simmer gently. Keep the heat low. Once the oil has melted, add the prawns (shrimp).
- Whilst the prawns (shrimp) are frying, prepare the salad: slice the Lettuce, Peppers and Avocado
- Brown of the Prawns (Shrimp) until they no longer appear pink and gather a brownish coating
- Add another teaspoon of coconut oil and add the sliced pepper (mushrooms/onion).
- Stir fry for a further 5 minutes on a low heat until the pepper or optional extras are cooked through.
- Dish up; place in bowl for consumption or in storage/Tupperware.
- Place in fridge if being eaten later
How Long Will It Take To Cook and Prepare
When You Will Cook It:
Evenings, upon arriving home from work.
When You Can Eat It:
To be eaten that evening for dinner or lunch the next day.
- For days of being relatively sedentary.
- Light, both in consumption and to carry!
- Quick and Easy to Prepare
- Cheap and Nutritious
- Minimal washing up.