We all love a sweet potato. Whether its baked or boiled; whether as sweet potato fries or sweet potato mash. They’re so good we just cant get enough sweet potato recipes. We all need more of them and thats why we’re here to help.
This healthy recipe is ideal to prepare for lunch at the Office or can quickly be assembled as a delicious, wholesome evening meal. Whats more its quick to prepare, nutritious and punches a host of vitamins and minerals.
Shirt and Tie Fitness presents: Chicken Vegetable Medley and Sweet Potato Mash
What You Will Need:
• Baking Tray or Glass Dish
• Meat Knife/ Meat Scissors
• Potato Peeler
• Potato Masher
• 2 x Cooking Pot/Pan
• Vegetable Knife
• Wooden Spoon
• Two Chopping Boards – 1 for vegetables, 1 for chicken.
• 2 x bowl – storing and or/ serving
• Storage/ Tupperware
• 2 raw chicken breasts or sliced chicken breasts
• 1 courgette/zucchini
• 1 Red Onion
• 1-2 Peppers – Red/ Yellow/ Green depending on preference.
• 2 medium sized sweet potatoes,
• 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil (14ml/grams)
• 250 grams of Asparagus – spear heads
• 200g Spinach
• Garlic, salt and pepper to taste
• 20-40 grams of Cheese – Cheddar/ Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan) work best when grated.
How You Will Cook This Sweet Potato Recipe
1. Take the 2 sweet potatoes and use the potato peeler to remove all of the skin. Discard of the skin as this is not required.
2. Using the vegetable Chopping board and the vegetable knife, cut the sweet potato into small chunks or cubes (The smaller these are cut the quicker the sweet potato will cook.)
3. Bring the sweet potatoes to boil (these will take roughly 15-20 minutes)
4. Now prepare the vegetables: slice the Peppers, Courgette and Onion. Place these in a small bowl
5. On the meat chopping board and using a separate meat knife or meat scissors, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size chunks. (Ensure hands are washed after.)
6. Add the chicken, courgette/zucchini, and onion into a baking tray or glass dish. Mix together and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and garlic/salt and pepper. Place the tray or dish in the oven at 200 degrees. This will take roughly 20 minutes to cook. (for optimal results, take the tray out of the oven after 10 minutes and stir with a wooden spoon and place bake into oven)
7. Place the Asparagus into a second cooking pot and bring to boil (cooking time 5-10 mins)
8. Wash the raw spinach and add to a serving bowl.
9. When sweet potato is soft, remove from boil. Drain. Place chunks into a bowl. With the potato masher finely mash the sweet potato until the consistency is even and all clumps have been removed. This is now sweet potato mash.
10. Remove the dish from the oven; let the chicken concoction stand for a few minutes.
11. Remove asparagus from boil and add to serving bowl
12. Now add chicken to serving bowl and the previously sliced peppers.
13. The Chicken Vegetable Medley and Sweet Potato Mash is now served and ready to be enjoyed!
14. Optional: Place in fridge if being eaten later
How Long Will It Take To Cook and Prepare
When You Will Cook It:
Evenings, upon arriving home from work.
When You Can Eat It:
To be eaten that evening for dinner or lunch the next day.
The recipe is for 1 person and 1-2 servings. It provides: : 750 kcal, 60 grams protein, 70 grams of carbohydrate, 17g fat:
Vitamins and Minerals
Subscribe to Shirt and Tie Fitness: Be Better
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Shirt and Tie Fitness: Be Better. Subscribe below.