A nutrient dense and tasty lunch; most suitable for a rest day. Can be eaten hot or cold.
Punching great levels of Zinc and Selenium.
What You Will Need:
- Frying Pan
- Vegetable Knife
- Chopping Board
- Storage/ Tupperware
- Wooden Spoon
- 200 Grams of 10%, or Lean Grass-Fed Beef Mince
- 250 Grams of Mushrooms (White Cup/ Button/ Chestnut/ Portobellini/ Shiitake or Oyster)
- 500ml of Tomato Passata
- 2 Large Red Onions
- 1 Red Pepper
- Chilli Powder, Salt,
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Oil (10ml/g)
- 20-40 grams of Cheese – Cheddar/ Parmigiano Reggiano work best when grated.
- Mashed Avocado (Guacamole)
- Chillis – 1/4 depending on spice preference
- Kidney Beans
- White Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- Potato (White/Sweet)
How You Will Cook It
- Finely chop the Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms (Chilli or two) on chopping boards
- Place teaspoons of coconut oil in a large frying pan, simmer gently. Keep the heat low. Once the oil has melted, add the vegtables.
- Once the Onions, Peppers and Mushrooms have browned off. Drain off any excess fluid.
- Add the mince, use the Wooden Spoon to break up the mince into smaller pieces.
- Cook through for 5-10 minutes on a low heat until the mince has turned brown
- Add the Tomato Passata, Chilli Powder and Salt. Let the dish simmer for another 20 minutes on a low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Dish up; place in bowl for consumption or in storage/Tupperware.
- Place in fridge if being eaten later
How Long Will It Take To Cook
When You Will Cook It:
Evenings, upon arriving home from work.
When You Can Eat It:
To be eaten that evening for dinner or lunch the next day.
Each serving provides roughly: 700 kcal, 65 grams protein, 26 grams of carbohydrate, 36g fat
Disclaimer: This will be a large serving of mince. If you like the larger meal, feel free to eat all during lunch. Alternatively this could be eaten for lunch & dinner, or could be two lunches, say Monday and Tuesday.
Disclaimer Part 2: The above is based on just the mince component of the Chilli Con Carne, without a carbohydrate starchy base. This can be included but will obviously affect the Macros.
Disclaimer Part 3: Be careful when leaving this in Tupperware in your bag. Ensure the Tupperware is firmly shut and air tight so that no spillage occurs on the commute!
Finished Article with the added Optionals: Cheddar cheese, Guacamole, served on a bed of Cauliflower rice.