There’s something about Thai Green Curry. Its wholesome, incredibly flavoursome, and it will pack a serious punch when the right ingredients are used. There’s a reason why Thai cuisine is starting to be more regularly consumed all over the world and a reason why Thai outlets and restaurants are becoming more commonplace. The best part – Thai curry is very easy to prepare, cook and digest. Its also relatively cheap. All the boxes for a fantastic meal have been firmly ticked. This Thai green Curry recipe is precisely the type of dish that will suit a wordkay evening meal for one, a weekend treat for two or even a dinner party that you decide to host. Its as versatile as it gets. That’s why we’re keen to help you with this Chicken Thai Green Curry Recipe .
Shirt and Tie Fitness presents:
Sautéed Garlic Chicken Thai Green Curry Over Sticky Rice
What You Will Need:
• Wok or Large Frying Pan
• Meat Knife/ Meat Scissors
• Vegetable Knife
• Two Chopping Boards – 1 for vegetables, 1 for chicken.
• 2 x bowl – storing and or/ serving
• Storage/ Tupperware
• 2 raw chicken breasts
• 300 grams of Sugar Snap Peas
• 1 White Onion
• 250ml Coconut Milk
• 1-2 Green/Red Chillis
• Green Curry Paste
• 1-2 Peppers – Red/ Yellow/ Green depending on preference.
• 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil (14ml/grams)
• 100 gram White Rice (per person; Thai Sticky or Basmati/ Jasmine Favourable)
• 500 grams of Mushrooms
• 1 Clove of Garlic
How you will cook this Thai Green Curry
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil and add Thai Sticky Rice. This will be cooked for 15-20 minutes. For 100grams of rice (one person) 2-3 cups of boiling water will suffice. More water can be added later depending on preference
2. In a wok, add the tablespoon of coconut oil and simmer gently. Coat the Wok in the oil once it has melted.
3. On the meat chopping board and using a separate meat knife or meat scissors, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size chunks. (Ensure hands are washed after.)
4. Add the chicken to the Wok, cook through and ensure that the chicken no longer bears pink. This will take roughly 10 minutes (for optimal results, keep the temperature low to ensure that the chicken remains succulent
5. Using the vegetable Chopping board and the vegetable knife, cut the garlic and onion finely, the pepper into strips, the garlic, the chillies and mushrooms
6. Now add all the vegetables to the Wok and fry lightly until the vegetables have cooked through (onion and mushrooms brown)
7. Add the Coconut Milk and Thai Green Paste into the Wok.
8. Simmer for a further 15 minutes on a very low heat. This will let the garlic, green curry paste and coconut milk infuse into the chicken and vegtables
9. Revert back to the Thai Sticky Rice and ensure that all the water has absorbed and the rice is sticky and cooked through. It should not appear hard. If this is the case and if all the water has been absorbed, add some more water.
10. Once at the desired consistency, serve the rice.
11. Serve the Thai green Curry and place over the rice.
12. The Chicken Vegetable Medley and Sweet Potato Mash is now served and ready to be enjoyed!
13. Optional: Place in fridge if being eaten later
How Long Will It Take To Cook and Prepare
The recipe is for 1 person and 1-2 servings. It provides roughly: 1200 kcal, 65 grams protein, 100 grams of carbohydrate, 50grams fat.
Please note, the meal is relatively high fat due to the Coconut Milk.
The fat content of the meal can be reduced by:
a) Not using Coconut Milk,
b) Reducing the quantity of Cocunut Milk
c) Swapping out the Coconut Milk to an alternative like Rice/Almond Milk
d) Using lower fat Coconut milk
Vitamins and Minerals
Subscribe to Shirt and Tie Fitness: Be Better
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Shirt and Tie Fitness: Be Better. Subscribe below.